Explore Pench National Park Madhya Pradesh.
Pench National park, nestling in the lower southern reaches of the Satpuda hills is named after Pench river, meandering through the park from north to south. Pench Tiger Reserve is two national park in one, spread over two states of Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra in India. In Madhya Pradesh it si located in the Seoni and Chindwara District. Pench Tiger Reserve in Madhya Pradesh comprises of Indra Priyadarshini Pench National Park. Mowgle Pench Sanctuary and Buffer Zone is considered to be one the most tourist friendly Tiger Reserve in the Country. Pench Tiger Reserve and its neighborhood is the original setting of Rudyard Kipling’s most famous work, The Jungle Book.
From tourism point of view Pench MP has the honor of hosting some of world famous dignitaries. Tiger marathon featuring Bollywood Icon was shot at Pench Tiger reserve in 2010. There are total 3 main tourist entry gate at Pench. Closest to Nagpur is Turia gate through Khawasa, Karmazhari gate through Gopalgunj and Jamthara gate through Chindwara/Karmazhari.
Major Attraction in Pench MP
Beautiful Mixed Forest majorly Teak, Tiger, Leopard, Wild Dogs, Nilgai, Sambhar Deer, Indian Gaur, Spotted Deer, Barking Deer, Wild Boar, Sloth Bear, Jackals, Langoors, Peacoks, Vultures and beautiful birds (around 350 bird Species).
Must watch places inside Pench: Bagin Nallah, Alikatta, Chinni Matta. Kala Pahad, Forest Museum, Pivarthadi, Mahadeo Ghat, Sita Ghat, Bodhanallah Talao, Jinewani.
Wildlife Documentary: The Spy in the Jungle.
Recommended Books: Lonely Planet Travel Guide.
Where to Stay and Safari Entry Gates at Pench MP
Some the best wildlife resorts are available at Pench MP. All of them provide good facilities to make the stay comfortable and Memorable. Here are a few places where one can choose to stay at Pench.
Turia Gate Pench MP
- Recommended Resorts: Tathasthu, Vanraj, Village Machaan Resort, Tuli Tiger Corridor, Taj Baghban, Pench Jungle Camp, MPTDC Resort, Riverwood Resort, Mahua Van, Tiger and Woods. Etc
- Jungle Safari Gate Access:
- Core Zone: Turia Gate
- Buffer Zone: Khursapar, Telia Buffer, Rukkhad Buffer.
- Canter Safari available.
Nearest ATM: Khawasa and Deolapar.
Mobile Sevices: Almost All.
Karmazhari and Jamtara Gate Pench MP
- Recommended Resorts: Forest Rest House, Pugdundee Tree Lodge. Jamtara Jungle Lodge, Home Stays.
- Jungle Safari Gate Access:
- Core Zone: Karmazhari and Jamtara Gate
- Buffer Zone: Rukkhad Buffer
Nearest ATM: Kurai and Gopal Gunj.
Mobile Sevices: Jio & Idea.
Note: At Pench MP by paying Gypsy halting charges and guide fees one can enter through Turia Gate even though they have the park entry ticket from Karmazhari and Jhamtara Gate. Vice Versa is also allowed.
What to see around Pench Mp
- Pottery Village, Pachdhar.
- Picnic and Birding at Kokha Lake.
- Grasswood Villageways, Khambha.
- Forerst Department Nature Trails
- Ramtek Temple and Kalidas Smarak, Ramtek
- Khindi Lake and CAC Adventure Park
How to Reach
By Air: Nagpur is 110 Kms
By Rail: Nagpur is 110 Kms
By Road: Nagpur is 110 Kms
Nagpur to Pench MP: 110-170 Kms